If you are installing a new roof, metal roofing is a premium roofing material. It offers numerous benefits that include:
- Metal roofing delivers exceptional performance. With minimal care and under normal circumstances, it is the last roof you will need to install.
- Metal roofing maintains its appearance, is resistant to mildew, rust and stains.
- Metal roofing’s lightweight allows its installation in qualifying roof-over applications.
- Metal roofing is low maintenance, requiring only annual cleaning and inspection.
- It provides exceptional hail, fire and wind resistance.
- Metal roofing offers superior energy efficiency year round.
- It provides a solution for architectural features, curves and complex angles, for example, which are difficult for other types of roofing to accommodate.
- It typically offers a longer warranty other roofing material.
- Metal roofing is an environmentally friendly product, being 100% recyclable when removed, keeping it out of landfills.
- Metal roofing is on the Energy Star Roof Product Program.
Energy Efficient Roofing
A metal roof can reflect up to 90% of the sun’s UV radiation, resulting in a reduction in the cost of operating the air conditioning.
During the winter, heat can escape the living space entering into the attic. Metal roofing reflects the heat back, preventing its escape through the roof and into the outdoors. Year round, metal roofing assists your home’s energy efficiency, reduces its carbon footprint and helps the environment.
A Variety of Styles
When you mention metal roofing, the corrugated tin used on barns often comes to mind. Modern metal roofing offers a variety of styles, including those with the appearance of shingle, slate, and tile. There is a style available for almost any architecture.
Contact a PRAUS Construction professional for additional information. We will be glad to explain the various metal roofing systems, styles, warranty and provide a free roof estimate for your home or business.